Living in Switzerland, you cannot call us new to hiking, but we are, for sure, a bit messy when it comes to packing. Since we have kids, we got a bit better organised but still, we kept either forgetting necessary things or packing too much useless stuff. But we have learned from our mistakes, so today we are sharing with you our own hiking with kids packing list (also printable PDF) that has already worked well many times for us, so maybe it will be helpful for you too.
Free printable Hiking with kids packing list PDF download (En) → Link
There are a few rules we have created before ever setting foot on the trail.
- First of all, make sure you check the weather forecast before packing for hiking so that you can adjust what to wear and what to take accordingly.
- Second, what you wear on your hike is nearly as important as what you carry with you, so think efficient.
- And finally, make sure your mobile phone won`t run out of batteries and memory space to contain all those amazing pictures you’re going to take on the way!
Hiking with little kids, you have to think about cutting weight from your baggage and still make sure you have everything you need. We had to decrease the difficulty and distance of your hikes and we had to invest in a more ultra lightweight and comfortable hiking gear. So here is how our packing list looks like:
- Waterproof hiking shoes: Columbia Eco Shoe Conspiracy grownups and kids
- Waterproof/breathable jacket: Columbia Outdry Ex Featherweight Shell
- Ultraweight/waterproof backpack: Gregory any-weather backpack
- Water bottle: Sigg aluminium drinking bottle with Neoprene protection
- Hats: D’n.a.d.A trucker
- Snacks: Sigg aluminium lunch box & Sigg outdoor cutlery
- Clothes: Peak Performance Hood, Schöffel Shirt (S.Café technology), Fjällräven Pants
- Sunscreen: A-DERMA Protect Creme SPF50+ 40 ml
- First aid: 100% plant-based wound-Spray WUNDE (for the whole family and even little kids)
- Sunglasses: Cerjo polarized sport junior filter sunglasses
- Insect repellent: TICKLESS Ultrasonic Tick Repeller for children between 0-6 years (non-toxic, environmentally friendly and work without releasing any chemicals or odours).
- Child carrier: ergonomic child carrier PHIL & TEDS ESCAPE (or water-repellent BabyBjorn One Outdoors baby carrier)
- Wet towels: WaterWipes (the only wipes that contain 99.9% water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract)
- Diapers: 3-4 Pampers
- Knife: one Victorinox knife for kids and one for adults
- Handkerchiefs: Tempo
- Pacifiers: Philips Avent pacifier
Do you like our article? You can share it with others! Here is a Pin for your Pinterest collection!
*Some of the items mentioned in this article were sponsored and some bought by me. I only ever mention products that I would recommend, whether I was being compensated or not.
Images ©Family First.